Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Daredevil's Love life
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who's Matt Murdock's true Love, now that Karen's dead and he's anulled from Milla?
Black Widow
27%
 27%  [ 5 ]
Milla Donovan
22%
 22%  [ 4 ]
Echo
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Elektra
22%
 22%  [ 4 ]
Other via Post
22%
 22%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 18

Greg
Fall From Grace

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black Widow. Most definitely. As for rgj's contention that it wasn't love that they shared, I disagree... in fact, it was probably the purest love that Matt has had in entire life (other than possibly Karen Page). Look at the facts: They were, and treated each other, as true equals; there was no real jealousy in their relationship (and, as such, no "ownership" of one over the other); Matt's longing for Milla, IMO, was all about "protection"... he felt that she needed protecting from the evils of the world, and he was her duly-appointed protector; with Heather it was all about living the grand life of the suitor of a socialite; with Elektra it was all about rage and redemption; with Karen... well, with Karen it was all about seeing the first childhood crush (albiet just out of college) result in the white-picket-fence fantasy.

With Natasha, there was a true sense of 'partnership' between the two... and the love that they had/have for each other is most definitely there... they fight with each other, they lust for each other, they battle along side each other, they watch each other's backs...

In the end, Natasha's smart enough to realize that she has to walk away from Matt... seeing as how he's a relationship-nightmare waiting to happen.

So.... yeah, it's Natasha... end of story. Smile
Blind Alley
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My vote goes to Foggy !
Now that Karen is gone, Foggy is the oldest character of the series (with Matt, of course).
And who told Milla about Karen Page and Matt's nervous breakdown ? Foggy, that jealous guy ! Smile

james castle wrote:
I think Milla is a great character.

Sure, the problem with her is maybe that she's a bit too "cliché". Blind beautiful girl (as Foggy said, why Matt the blind is always dating supermodels ?).
But Bendis wrote some memorable dialogue for her.
Remember in King of Hell's Kitchen when she makes Ben Urich touche her face and talks about Matt and his father's death ? To me it's a very moving scene.

james castle wrote:
As for #5: Kate sucks.

Hum hum... there would be nasty things to say about this one... (sorry). I agree, if Milla is "cliché", then Kate is nothing but a template !
Pete
Fall From Grace

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting thread. Matt Murdock lost the one true love of his life when Karen died. But life goes on, and despite her not appearing in the comic-book since about 1984, and him having yet to realise the fact himself, Becky Blake is the one. Has to be.

Obvious, really.

Failing that, Moondragon. Or Candice Nelson.
james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blind Alley wrote:

Sure, the problem with her is maybe that she's a bit too "cliché". Blind beautiful girl (as Foggy said, why Matt the blind is always dating supermodels ?).

In what way is Milla "chiche"? Because she's blind? No other DD gf (or comic gf that I can think of) was blind. Plus, since when is she a supermodel? She has short boyish hair and dresses....well, she dresses casual. Her job alone makes her original. To be "cliche" something has to be overdone or unoriginal. Everything about Milla from her looks to her personality, is original so she's not cliche.

Kate, on the other hand. Now that's cliche.

So why can't you see the funny side?
Why aren't you laughing?
Blind Alley
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

james castle wrote:
In what way is Milla "chiche"? Because she's blind? No other DD gf (or comic gf that I can think of) was blind.

Yes, it's like "a blind girl for a blind boy".
Alicia Masters in Fantastic Four was blind.

james castle wrote:
Plus, since when is she a supermodel?

When Matt ask Foggy how Milla does look like, foggy acknowledges Milla is very beautiful.

james castle wrote:
Everything about Milla from her looks to her personality, is original so she's not cliche.

It seems to me I just said "a bit too cliche". It's simply because something in her does not make me comfortable. yet, I think it's very likeable character (not simple to write or explain...)

james castle wrote:
Kate, on the other hand. Now that's cliche.

On this, we seem to plainly agree Smile
rgj
Hardcore

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding: The statment that Matt is not in love with Milla but Bendis! is.

Yeah, I know Bendis! makes it clear that Matt "loves" Milla. But, what I'm saying is that the next writer will come along with his creation and Matt will "love" her next.

Now, I honestly don't care if Kate ever shows up again. But, I don't think there is anything cliche (in regards to DAREDEVIL) about her. Matt has countless times teamed up with his athletic "equal": Elektra, Black Widow. But, he's never gone out with his professional "equal." This was actually rather refreshing to see. Perhaps Kate is only "cliche" to james castle because he knows female lawyers like her (who knows?). As for james' pointing out Kate's underware (just about everytime she is talked about), well, I don't know what comic james is reading (or perhaps he hasn't picked up the trade paperbacks yet) but I think we've all (even Foggy!) got an eye (candy) full of Milla in her, oh so sweet, undies. Please. Not liking Kate for her undie scene is crazy (blame the artist if you want). As for Kate's lack of "subtle shadings," by God man, the character appeared for what?, 4-5 issues. She didn't get the character development Milla was given.

One of the things that really got me sick of Milla was Bendis! constantly putting her in peril, like when 1) Typhoid attacked 2) Bulls attacked. It just kind of got redundant. I'm not even going into the conrtrived way they met (Bendis thinks: Matt needs a girlfriend)--you know, the whole, DD saves Milla, Milla feels face (with mask!), Milla goes to outed Matt's office (and, c'mon we all saw coming a mile away: Matt giving himself away via the clothing store comment).

Anyway. Compromise. Kate and Milla hit the road. Let's start fresh.

rgj
TheManWithoutFear
Fall From Grace

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My apologies, here I am thinking I have this all down and I'm looking through my Daredevil collection. I have "all" the TPB's and I was looking for the issues that this Kate girl appears in because I couldn't remember. Well turns out that I don't have the Playing to the Camera arc because I thought that Wake up was the TPB #3 so now I have to request my store to pick Playing to the Camera for me? But I'm up for spoilers if anyone wants to bring me up on this... obviously it wasn't too important to the whole mythology if I skipped it and didn't even notice.

www.UltimateCentral.com
Darediva
Wake Up

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

james castle wrote:
WRT #4, I couldn't agree (or disagree) more. As for the disagreeing: I don't know why people say stuff like "I don't think Matt is in love with her". How hard does Bendis have to smash you over the face with it? At the end of King of Hell's Kitchen Matt loves Milla. There's no room for doubt there. He loves her. That's it.

As for agreeing: Milla's dead after Bendis. I think Milla is a great character. From her very first appearance on I think she's just great. However, she's just so....subtle. I can't imagine another writer being able to recreate what Bendis has done with her. I can't imagine another artist drawing her so perfectly either. So I think she's down the tubes after the current team leaves. Which is frickin' tragic if you think about it. As Bendis wraps up it'll be in the time that they skipped, the time Matt and Milla were together. Ideally Bendis will end his run with Matt and Milla happy together just so there will be a sort of bitter sweet ending as everyone knows what's coming next.

I am checking the weather report.....yep, news flash, hell just froze over. JC and I agree on something. Shocked

Those who throw dirt merely lose ground.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
EightiesCartoon
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done Diva Wink
I concur, I'm with JC on this one in every way Exclamation Milla is a great character who seemed to emanate her own personality from the page and was so the opposite to Elektra and Karen in that I recognised Milla as a real person, pretty cool feat for a comic character
I think Matt thought he loved Natasha at one stage in his life (the awesome #100 issues) but thats a long time ago (in both real and Marvel worlds - oh crap, not the continuity issue again!)
Goddess0Whim
Fall From Grace

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

same here! Milla is the one girl who fell in love with Matt and had nothing to be shocked over after she found out his "secret".
he was truly her hero, with no strings or doubt attached.
Darediva
Wake Up

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheManWithoutFear wrote:
My apologies, here I am thinking I have this all down and I'm looking through my Daredevil collection. I have "all" the TPB's and I was looking for the issues that this Kate girl appears in because I couldn't remember. Well turns out that I don't have the Playing to the Camera arc because I thought that Wake up was the TPB #3 so now I have to request my store to pick Playing to the Camera for me? But I'm up for spoilers if anyone wants to bring me up on this... obviously it wasn't too important to the whole mythology if I skipped it and didn't even notice.

As a public service to those who have not been privileged enough to read "Playing to the Camera", I have scanned the now infamous DOUBLE SKIVVIES page for you to see.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid157/p5d6beb9cfbed0a0593fc4fc69f41d606/f52e9104.jpg

You are welcome. Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
EightiesCartoon
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alice you perve Wink
Darediva
Wake Up

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moi? Cool

TheManWithoutFear
Fall From Grace

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This chickl knows he's Daredevil?

www.UltimateCentral.com
james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manwithoutfear: do yourself a favor and forget all about "Playing to the Camera". It's not collected in any trade. It's bad. It's crappy. It's a bad arc that is best left alone. Kate, being part of that arc, also sucked.

So why can't you see the funny side?
Why aren't you laughing?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: