Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Who would you like to have as a villain in Spidey 4?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The off-topic section
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What Spider-Man Villain would you like to see in Spider-Man 4?
Lizard
81%
 81%  [ 9 ]
Hob Goblin
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Carnage
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Mysterio
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
other
18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 11

Punisher74
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:19 pm    Post subject: Who would you like to have as a villain in Spidey 4? Reply with quote

I'd like to have Lizard. And just Lizard.
the truebeliever
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to see Lizard, too. They've been building it up and building it up, now they shoud just have him as the enemy. But, I think they could have a cameo of some sort like they did with Dr. Curt Conners just so we have an idea of who will be the villian next.
Neilan
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do think it's about time that they have Connors transform to the Lizard but I'd also like to see what they could do with Electro.
Dimetre
Underboss

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After being massively disappointed by the third movie, I don't really want another one. But really, they've had Dylan Baker puttering around as Doc Connors long enough. Turn him into the Lizard already. And that's the only villain we need.
daredevil-art
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted for the lizard, but honestly don't care who they have so long as they keep it to a single villian. Spidey 3 kinda sucked. They really need to focus on the character development, and avoid the "action for action's sake" crap that filled 3. If 4 is as bad as 3 was, you can kiss the series good bye. 4 is going to have to be REALLY good to get people back into the theatres enmass to see spidey again.

AND KEEP THE DAG GONE masks on! God that annoyed me!
Solid Snake PAC
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daredevil-art wrote:
I voted for the lizard, but honestly don't care who they have so long as they keep it to a single villian. Spidey 3 kinda sucked. They really need to focus on the character development, and avoid the "action for action's sake" crap that filled 3. If 4 is as bad as 3 was, you can kiss the series good bye. 4 is going to have to be REALLY good to get people back into the theatres enmass to see spidey again.

AND KEEP THE DAG GONE masks on! God that annoyed me!

YES! This has constantly annoyed me in the Spider-Man films....where Spidey's so easily at peace with removing his mask. Considering that Spider-Man is a character who is very very protective of his identity. I mean the guy worried A LOT about it. Out of fear of what could happen.
rgj
Hardcore

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The unmasking of heroes in movies is actaully for one simple reason. It is purpously written in the movie. Why? The actor demands it.

Think of the movies with masked heroes. And, think of the battles, especially the final battles. I can clearly recall Micheal Keaton unmasked with the Bat suit on. The aforementioned Tobey in Spider-man unmasked while Spiderman (even midway throuh the moive!). The Thing has manged to come out of his rock shell during the course of his films. And, of course, we all know DD was unmasked by KP in the DD movie (totally killing any Born Again movie). Hell, even during the final battle in Ghost Rider, the script calls for Nic Cage to appear and GR to disappear during the final battle scene.

Masked heroes in films are unmasked because the actor wants his face out there, especially during the great action scenes. And, I'm sure the studio also wants to feature its star. That's all there is to it. Actors in films like X-Men, Superman and 3/4 of the FF don't have this problem as their characters are umasked. But, just wait and see, and don't be surprised, if they make a Flash moive, and during the final, exciting, fight scene, you see the actor's face.

rgj
Solid Snake PAC
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Bale didn't take off his mask. I mean even in Spider-Man they could've taken bits and pieces off his mask during battle to show the actor *and they did in SM1 I think*. Batman has a mask yeah but you can tell when Bale is in there clearly.

Evil or Very Mad
daredevil-art
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously it because the studio and actors what to see the face they just paid MILLIONS of dollars for.

That doesn't mean I've got to like it. Smile
Dimetre
Underboss

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really think the actor and their agents demand the unmasking more than the producers. I think Tobey Maguire spent a total of five minutes under his mask in Spider-Man 3.

I give Hugo Weaving full credit for never showing his face in V for Vendetta. I read that he was the second actor in the role and that the first actor quit. I suspect it was because he learned he was going to be under a mask 100% of the time. As much as I respect Tobey Maguire, I think that actors and agents often lose sight of the fact that they are working in service of a story, and when they serve themselves instead it's often at the expense of that story.
Francesco
Underboss

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solid Snake PAC wrote:
Well Bale didn't take off his mask. I mean even in Spider-Man they could've taken bits and pieces off his mask during battle to show the actor *and they did in SM1 I think*. Batman has a mask yeah but you can tell when Bale is in there clearly.

Evil or Very Mad

Well, I think that for Batman Begins it's different. First off, nearly half of the movie featured Bruce Wayne becoming Batman, so no mask was necessary, giving plenty of time to show Bale's face.
Also, Batman's cowl shows more than, for example, Spider-man's mask or Ghost Rider's..er... skull.

Also I think that the director plays an important role in all of this. A weak director will keep considering the fact that they paid a big actor and so they have capitalize on it and show his face in the big scenes, especially if the actor demands it. And this, even if it's unnecessary storywise.

A good director, like Nolan, who wants to make a good movie in the first place, will forget about it and find other ways, more coherent with the storyline, to show the actor's face.
MWOF
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should be the Lizard, but with a twist. I feel a cool plot for Spider-man 4 would have Curt Conners finally turning into the Lizard and wreaking havoc on NYC. Spider-man attempts to capture the Lizard and fails, but fails because he realizes it's his friend Curt Conners. There is this brutal battle between the savage Lizard and Spider-man, as Spider-man finally begins to get the upper hand he sees something on the Lizards outfit that he recognizes is Curt Conners. This distracts Spidey just enough for the Lizard to clobber him and get away. With the help of a media push by none other than J. Jonah Jameson, a pressured NYC hires Kraven the Hunter to hunt down the Lizard. With J.J.J. providing a secret incentive to Kraven if he takes down Spidey as well. Now Spidey is faced with stopping the Lizard before Kraven gets to him, plus deal with Kraven as well. The clock is ticking. This will emphasize the intelligence of Peter Parker, something that hasn't been utilized in the movies like it was in the comics, as he uses his scientific background to stop the Lizard, rather than his muscles, but he'll need them too.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Forrest
Lowlife

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point, I am pretty apathetic about the next Spidey movie. Will it even be worth seeing?

Anyway, I'd say the Lizard because I think the actor playing Conners is great.
Solid Snake PAC
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IF there is a Spidey 4, there should only be the Lizard. At the most some amusing cameo or something with Bruce Campbell as Mysterio...that's it.
Forrest
Lowlife

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Bruce Campbell played ANY villain, I'd want that villain to be in Spider-man 4. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The off-topic section All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: