Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

MSJ does it again.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The off-topic section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rgj
Hardcore

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:16 pm    Post subject: MSJ does it again. Reply with quote

Okay, I haven't seen Ghost Rider. And, I probably won't until it comes out on HBO, or something. So, I don't personally know if Ghost Rider was any good. But, just like everything else cinema MSJ touches, the critics (thus far) thinks it's total crap . . .

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/ghost_rider/

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/p/mark_steven_johnson/

This is the guy that was put in charge of our beloved Daredevil. Geez.

rgj
james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear the Director's Cut is going to be awesome.

No, but, really, did anyone actually go see this?

So why can't you see the funny side?
Why aren't you laughing?
Born Again
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kind of had no choice. I thought the problem with DD was that it wasn't like the comics. There wouldn't be that problem in Ghost Rider because no one really reads it. I was wrong. MSJ is just a bad director. The script writer's bad too. The cinematography was annoying and cheesy. The dialogue was childish. Imagine "I'm gonna take you down" as every other line. I'm serious. There was no existant fight correography. GR beat this water villan by...becoming GR pretty much. Another fight consisted of a kick and GR whirling his chain. Does GR talk like the hulk in the comics? He does here. There's even a scene with carving lovers names in a tree. Marvel should really stop working with him.
james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Born Again wrote:
MSJ is just a bad director. The script writer's bad too.

And who might that script writer be? Oh. Oh. Wait for it....oh, it's MSJ. The man's a double threat.

So why can't you see the funny side?
Why aren't you laughing?
Francesco
Underboss

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Born Again wrote:
I was wrong. MSJ is just a bad director. The script writer's bad too. The cinematography was annoying and cheesy. The dialogue was childish. Imagine "I'm gonna take you down" as every other line. I'm serious. There was no existant fight correography. GR beat this water villan by...becoming GR pretty much. Another fight consisted of a kick and GR whirling his chain. Does GR talk like the hulk in the comics? He does here. There's even a scene with carving lovers names in a tree. Marvel should really stop working with him.

And you didn't mention the role of Nicolas Cage as main character.
rgj
Hardcore

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy crap, GR sucked big time. And, the critics were right. The script was poor. The direction was chaotic. It's a shame that only Spider-man and X-Men are given real stories. It seems all other comics from them are getting half-ass scripts, cheesy FX, and crappy leadership in production/direction. It's too bad the movie made money, 'cause we're going to see more of the same in the future. Boy, did the movie suck.

rgj
Solid Snake PAC
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marvel films yes...Spidey and X-Men *except for Last Stand* films are good, but let's not forget Batman Begins.
Francesco
Underboss

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The chick was hot, though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The off-topic section All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: