Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

#92 (Spoilers, Of Course)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stephan
Humanity's Fathom

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject: #92 (Spoilers, Of Course) Reply with quote

I can only applaud Brubaker's efforts. The return of Vanessa (something which I repeatedly advocated some time ago) is indeed welcome. Given her grave condition, past experiences, etc., her actions (though reprehensible and unconscionable) do not strain credulity. It is not surprising that she has become unhinged. Several years ago, I strongly suggested that Vanessa Fisk perish and endow Matt with her vast wealth. This would enable Matt to launch a crusade against organized crime on all fronts (yes, yes, he would bear a resemblance to Batman, but it would be an engrossing story nonetheless). Will Brubaker adopt this suggestion? Will Matt soon inherit the Fisk fortune? Or will she bestow her estranged husband with a staggering sum of money? This is a burning question. Vanessa's only son is deceased. She has no kith and kin other than The Kingpin and Matt! Who will she bequeath her estate to? We shall see.

My sole reservation concerning #92 is that Vanessa - a truly fascinating and complex character - is doomed. She is among the more compelling - and tortured - figures in the annals of Marvel history. This woman has been subjected to every imaginable horror (kidnappings, amnesia, homelessness, mental illness, etc.) and has endured. In an odd way, she is an admirable individual. She possess the same tenacity and perseverance that her villanous husband and DD are noted for.
Darediva
Wake Up

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe there is already a thread for #92 Spoilers, Stephan.

Those who throw dirt merely lose ground.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Stephan
Humanity's Fathom

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And now there is a second, Darediva.
Darediva
Wake Up

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And why is that, Stephan? Wasn't the first one good enough?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Stephan
Humanity's Fathom

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My, my, such vitriol. You must forgive Darediva. Apparently, the Zellnorm failed to alleviate those nagging IBS symptoms. At any rate, can we confine our discussion to #92, please?
Darediva
Wake Up

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clever. I think they are discussing #92 over in the FIRST thread on that subject. You must forgive Stephan for starting a second thread on a given issue, for he believes that only he has anything profound to discuss. Everyone else seemed to be doing quite well over there in the original thread.

Stephan
Humanity's Fathom

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a recent Wizard issue, some key figures at Marvel suggested that some portentous developments were on the horizon - namely, that an enigmatic (yet familiar) crimelord would soon supplant Wilson Fisk and become the new overlord of crime in NYC. Wonder if Vanessa will play any role in this? Moreover, is the gangster in question a DD antagonist?

Sorry - did you say something Darediva?
hylozoii
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheesh, are you two married?
Darediva
Wake Up

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankfully, not to each other. Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: