Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Thoughts on DD's current villain
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rgj
Hardcore

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBL wrote:
What is your address rgj? I'm sending Richard's body to you because obviously you need everything spelled out to you literally AND visually when you read comicbooks.

411 Seeing Is Believing Lane
Tangible, Texas 12345

rgj Cool

p.s. Honestly, I was really ambivalent about it turning out to be Richard. Now, I'm kind of hoping it is just to see Clayton's reaction. I want Clayton to go postal, scratch that, I want Clayton to go Stephan on us!!!!
Solid Snake PAC
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well if anything can be said about destroying a previous writer's work/idea. This can be said...I don't think even Bru could respectfully bring Nuke back to life. God...that was like a slap in the face to bring Nuke back. Fisk is ok...more form to believe in...Nuke not so much.
Sandman
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK I won't get into the Richard Fisk thing again (for the time being). If we assume that Richard IS dead. Who else fits the profile I started with. I still think that it's someone regathering all the Kingpin's territory. There is too much that makes sense in that upon my rereading of the issues. Who ELSE fits the bill as being hooked up to an IV and trying all this?

I know circulation has been going about Mr Fear and the Purple Man -but WHY would either one be attached to an IV? And how would they be like a knife twisting in the back? I just don't see it being either of them.

This is driving me crazy. Wish I could say it'd be a long trip.
train
Guardian Devil

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rgj wrote:
I want Clayton to go Stephan on us!!!!

LMAO!

This is a really good thread. Nice posts by all. I like the Dakota North theory. Sure fits the "knife in the back" thing much better than all the other suspects. IV guy could be anyone I suppose, but I'm hoping that it isn't Fisk family related. I hope there's a break from all the DD/KP stuff for a little while.
Clayton Blind Love
Redemption

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandman wrote:
OK I won't get into the Richard Fisk thing again (for the time being). If we assume that Richard IS dead. Who else fits the profile I started with.

Please do not stop discussing Richard Fisk as a possibility on my account. Seriously.

This is obviously driving me nuts, but trust me, I enjoy everyone's input on this.

You can tell Bru spins a good yarn. It is affecting me and you all seem to love what this is doing to me.

I miss Stephan.

C.
Sandman
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also agree that Dakota North is not above suspicion, but she is not the mastermind with the IV.

-And just so you know: I'm not dropping the Fisk thing on anyone's account. I just feel we've hit a stagnation point with it at this point and need to seriously see if there are others unaccounted for that fit all of the clues thus far.

I mean, is it Quentin Beck running around in the Mysterio outfit these days? Heck, based on the end of Smith's run even Mysterio could potentially qualify! (not that I'd be rooting for it, mind you.)
Dimetre
Underboss

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:36 pm    Post subject: My new guess Reply with quote

I think it's a now grown-up Timmy, son of Leapfrog. The IV pumps him full of goofballs, and he's now a real psycho badass.
The Overlord
Paradiso

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandman wrote:
OK I won't get into the Richard Fisk thing again (for the time being). If we assume that Richard IS dead. Who else fits the profile I started with. I still think that it's someone regathering all the Kingpin's territory. There is too much that makes sense in that upon my rereading of the issues. Who ELSE fits the bill as being hooked up to an IV and trying all this?

I know circulation has been going about Mr Fear and the Purple Man -but WHY would either one be attached to an IV? And how would they be like a knife twisting in the back? I just don't see it being either of them.

This is driving me crazy. Wish I could say it'd be a long trip.

Mr. Fear or Purple Man may not be the mastermind, but it seems likely that one of them is involved somehow. I mean where did those pheromones come from?
Clayton Blind Love
Redemption

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Overlord wrote:

Mr. Fear or Purple Man may not be the mastermind, but it seems likely that one of them is involved somehow. I mean where did those pheromones come from?

This is obviously an important question. Someone has this technology that makes you smell the most wonderful experiences that you have already experienced previously. That is an incredible power! I think it may be too much out of Purple Man's league. He never could do this and he is not the "mad scientist" type to attempt something like this. Well, at least to this point, he hasn't behaved like this. Mr. Fear on the otherhand, well, this might be right up his alley. A new updated Mr. Fear (or is it Mr. Love? With this new power. Laughing )

Maybe when Purple Man was at the Raft SHIELD did some testing on his pheromones. Maybe they found a new way to use it.

Nick Fury!?!? Shocked

Wink

C.
The Overlord
Paradiso

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clayton Blind Love wrote:
The Overlord wrote:

This is obviously an important question. Someone has this technology that makes you smell the most wonderful experiences that you have already experienced previously. That is an incredible power! I think it may be too much out of Purple Man's league. He never could do this and he is not the "mad scientist" type to attempt something like this. Well, at least to this point, he hasn't behaved like this. Mr. Fear on the otherhand, well, this might be right up his alley. A new updated Mr. Fear (or is it Mr. Love? With this new power. Laughing )

Maybe when Purple Man was at the Raft SHIELD did some testing on his pheromones. Maybe they found a new way to use it.

Nick Fury!?!? Shocked

Wink

C.

The thing is Purple Man could have just mind controlled a chemist to change his pheromones for him. But Killgrave's involvement seems unlikely because he's supposed to be in Canada at moment.

Mr. Fear's involvement seems more likely, Alan Fagan (Mr. Fear IV) was able to distill a pheromone from the fear gas that would make him (almost) irresistible to women. Either Alan or his uncle Larry Cranston could have made a new type of pheromone that effected DD's sense of smell. Alan would have done so for money and Larry would have done it just to get revenge on DD. Plus Brubaker said he would be setting up villains in this arc that DD will fight later. Mr. Fear could have aided the mastermind, for money or revenge, thus giving DD reason for going after him later.

As for Nick Fury, since Brubaker said this arc has no connection to Civil War, I find his involvement unlikely. I would go with Vanessa Fisk at the moment, she is clever (unlike her son Richard always struck me as a whiney dolt), has a lot of money and because they parted good terms DD may feel betrayed by her, plus she may have motive to hurt DD after her husband was arrested.
rgj
Hardcore

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master Meg wrote:
I would go with Vanessa Fisk at the moment, she is clever (unlike her son Richard always struck me as a whiney dolt),

You know, this "dolty" Richard is really a Bendis thing. Isn't it Bendis who basically changed his character/persona into this whimp. Bendis's Richard is miles apart from the Rose. Not that the Rose was this great character or anything, but Bendis did basically castrate the guy.

rgj
Clayton Blind Love
Redemption

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IV Guy might be on the IV intentionally in order to alter his pheromones so that he doesn't influence people by accident. Most of us are making the assumption that the IV is hinting to a sickness. It might not be so.

C.
The Overlord
Paradiso

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the preview for DD# 92 at Comics Continuum seems to reveal who the mastermind really is, though watch out, there are spoilers:

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0612/20/marvelfirsts.htm
The Overlord
Paradiso

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rgj wrote:
Master Meg wrote:
I would go with Vanessa Fisk at the moment, she is clever (unlike her son Richard always struck me as a whiney dolt),

You know, this "dolty" Richard is really a Bendis thing. Isn't it Bendis who basically changed his character/persona into this whimp. Bendis's Richard is miles apart from the Rose. Not that the Rose was this great character or anything, but Bendis did basically castrate the guy.

rgj

Bendis just contiued a trend, Richie was always kinda of dolt.

In the Gang War story that occured in the 80s in the Spidey books, Richie was a pawn of the Hobgoblin.

In the 90s, Richie worked with his buddy Alfredo Morelli to overthrow the Kingpin. When DD overthrew the Kingpin in 1991, Alfredo took control of part of Kingpi'ns empire and froze Richie out. Richie's reponse was to became a Punisher clone called "Blood Rose".

Richie has a history of being betrayed or used by other people, no wonder Bendis thinks he is pathetic. After that string of failures I'm not surprised he went back to daddy and became a drunk.
rgj
Hardcore

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just read the preview (couldn't help it).

Hope the story is great, cause the "reveal" was not so spectacular.

rgj
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: