Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Wolverine's healing factor
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The off-topic section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Francesco
Underboss

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:46 pm    Post subject: Wolverine's healing factor Reply with quote

(I'm sorry. Really.)

So I was reading here and there on wikipedia, and I stumbled on Wolverine's entry. I scrolled down, and proceeded reading the more recent adventures of everyone's favourite canucklehead.
Until I read this:

Quote:
Soon after discovering Nitro's murder of over 600 Stamford, Connecticut residents, Wolverine embarks on a mission to take vengeance on Nitro, much to the disapproval of Tony Stark. Nitro incinerates Wolverine to his adamantium skeleton, but Wolverine is able to regenerate.

And there's the pic on the left.
Now, I didn't read that specific issue. But this is causing me some existential doubts.
How the hell can he survive to that? I mean, I can accept the fact that his brain can be preserved by the adamantium skull (even if, more likely, it would be cooked inside it like a roast turkey), but with his entire circulatory system and lungs incinerated, how can it be supplied with oxygen?
How can he survive without a spinal marrow (which, unlike the brain, is not entirely protected by bone).
How can he survive to the pain one could experience when all his sensorial nerves are stimulated to the point of burning?
Basically, how can he regenerate without heart, lungs, livers, pancreas, stomach, windpipe, blood vessels, intestines etc. doing what they're supposed to do in a living body?

I call - as you Americans say... - bovine excrement on that.
rgj
Hardcore

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolverine sucks.

rgj
Francesco
Underboss

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That pretty much sums it.
james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolverine used to be cool.

Now he sucks.

So why can't you see the funny side?
Why aren't you laughing?
Francesco
Underboss

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I appreciated Millar's Wolverine (enemy of the state).
Otherwise, today's Wolverine sucks.
hylozoii
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, he's only good when he has little to say in the X-men books. But he's as overexposed and used as Paris Hilton. When writers try to delve into his personal story, it really royally sucks. Until someone can properly fill in his past, he'll always remain one-dimensional. I gave Wolverine: Origin a try. But it's horrible.
Forrest
Lowlife

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved early Wolverine (e.g. Claremont/Frank Miller), Wolverine Origin (Jenkins/Kubert mini) and Rucka's Wolverine. In all these cases, Wolverine is solo and doing his thing in an almost Punisher kind of vibe. Good stuff.

Other takes on Wolverine, like the recent Wolverine Origins business are just silly and stupid. Wolverine should not be Marvel's bad boy Superman...
Solid Snake PAC
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I blame all this on the movies *though the first 2 were good*..and making him even more of a big leagues kind of guy.
Punisher74
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You think that's ridiculous. You should've read the Punisher/Wolverine crossover where they both get into a fight and Punisher burns the skin off Wolverine's face and you see his skeleton. He heals up right away really fast and it doesn't even leave a scar.
Though Wolverine is my favorite X-Man. I really liked him in the original 70s comics. I liked him in Secret Wars (The original 1980s one). And I liked his solo comic series back in the 90s. But I honestly stay away from the newer comics. Especially Ultimate.
Solid Snake PAC
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uh....maybe I'm not a hardcore Wolvie fan, but I know that when Wolverine is physically damaged he heals without scars present. Now the whole body burn off and skeleton remaining is farfetched but..his face burned off? That's more realistic for Wolverine and his healling factor. Wolverine has been beaten in every fashion and whatnot...his factor heals him all the time. His claws pop out, his skin heals and closes around the claws exit wound, and in reverse as well. If his factor didn't heal him scars included...he'd look like Deadpool or something.
Punisher74
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although if they killed off Wolverine, a lot of people would be upset.
Solid Snake PAC
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No ****, I know for sure that Wolverrine in his no adamantium days would be dead by now. Adamantium Wolverine is alot tougher than regular bones Wolvie. The only time I've seen Wolvie dead was Days of Future Past..which in itself presented what Wolverine should've been when he fought Nitro *at least by the depiction*
Punisher74
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Wolverine's healing factor prevents him from getting drunk, right?
Francesco
Underboss

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Punisher74 wrote:

Well, I don't know for sure.
From a logical point of view, it should merely prevent permanent damage to tissues/organs done by alcohol.
But recent exemples definitely prove that it's pointless to use a "logical point of view" when analizing Wolverine's healing factor.
So it might as well prevent him from getting drunk.
Heck, its functioning is so absurde that, while we're at it, it could as well make him spontaneously erogate caffelatte from his nipples.
Slim Sandy
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Punisher74 wrote:

In the Marvel Universe Guides, it says that Wolverine can not get drunk. But then in books like Secret War, it shows Wolverine drunk and babbling on the plane, wouldn't be the first time Bendis ignored things in his writing would it?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The off-topic section All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: