Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Know your Thunderbolts: Bullseye

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave Wallace
Paradiso

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:21 am    Post subject: Know your Thunderbolts: Bullseye Reply with quote

Just thought people might be interested in this feature at Newsarama, concerning Bullseye's role in the New Thunderbolts...

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=92433
Forrest
Lowlife

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read this and not to be negative but it really looks like this Thunderbolts deal is aimed for people who have never read Marvel comics, or at least the villains involved. This is the perfect Civil War spin-off because it's all about ridiculous mischaracterization and flashy marketing without substance.

...Then again, titles like Wolverine Origins are still topping the sales lists...
Clayton Blind Love
Redemption

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kind of found this article funny. Especially the bit where it is suggested that Bullseye will be used on the team when the danger is at extreme levels. This is a guy that gets his ass handed to him by Daredevil. Daredevil is really a non-powered superhero. How is Bullseye going to handle a cape? A guy like Luke Cage could just walk up to him and one punch him.

The Joker doesn't play well on teams and I equate Bullseye to be the same.

C.
Dave Wallace
Paradiso

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it's going to be an odd book. Green Goblin leading a team with Bullseye and Venom as members? All three are characterised as being loners with vendettas against particular heroes, and not as all-purpose bad guys. I might give it a look, but I'm not hopeful.
The Overlord
Paradiso

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like a Suicide Squad rip off.
Forrest
Lowlife

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clayton Blind Love wrote:
This is a guy that gets his ass handed to him by Daredevil. Daredevil is really a non-powered superhero. How is Bullseye going to handle a cape?

Oh no you didn't! Razz

Seriously, remember Absorbing Man? I would put DD at least on the level of Spider-Man's abilities, especially when written by a better DD scribe like Chichester. Very Happy
Acerbus
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Overlord wrote:

People keep saying that, but the difference between the Suicide Squad and these guys, is that these are villains that people actually care about.

I don't think Bullseye, Green Goblin, and Venom are quite comparable with Captain Cold, Blockbuster, and Lady Liberty...

As far as originality goes, the original suicide squad was itself a 'rip-off' of The Dirty Dozen.
The Overlord
Paradiso

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acerbus wrote:
The Overlord wrote:

People keep saying that, but the difference between the Suicide Squad and these guys, is that these are villains that people actually care about.

I don't think Bullseye, Green Goblin, and Venom are quite comparable with Captain Cold, Blockbuster, and Lady Liberty...

As far as originality goes, the original suicide squad was itself a 'rip-off' of The Dirty Dozen.

So its the Suicide Squad with more popular characters. Yawn.

I liked it better when the Thunderbolts were a bunch of goofy C-list villains trying to reform, not a bunch of psychopaths forced to work for the government.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: