Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Daredevil 91...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Forrest
Lowlife

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm putting my money on Crime Wave. Razz
rgj
Hardcore

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would you believe . . . Colonel von Klaus!

rgj
Clayton Blind Love
Redemption

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks rgj!

(wipes tea off the keyboard and screen)

C.
Sandman
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm new here, but just want to throw this out there. I'm not sure myself about Fury being the culprit (of all things it's the IV that detracts from that for me.) I still think Nick being behind it would be cool and could be explained away. -The attempt on Lily's life while smelling like Karen ...well the key work is ATTEMPT. Right now, Matt being able to save someone while being reminded of Karen could be the kick in the pants Matt needs to start working on getting his life squared away.
--I don't know how likely it is, that's just my thoughts on THAT question.

--But here's something else I just wondered about:
Dakota North came around JUST after Matt went to prison. She's supposed to be Jessica's replacement, but what do we know about her? -After rereading the issue, it seemed that Dakota was the one the got Foggy to head off to Rykers that day in the first place. She talked with Urich about finding Lennox, but Lennox was suddenly gone. She's helping Matt find his leads in Europe at that. Could she be in on it? It would qualify as the stab in the back, but it would make me wonder who she was really in league with.

-I don't know how likely it is. I have have overlooked something that rules her out. I just wanted to doublle-check with others to see what they thought.
rgj
Hardcore

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandman wrote:
Could she be in on it?

I speculated about this further up the thread. This also makes sense when you think about Matt's comments at the end of the issue and the feeling of betrayal.

rgj
Clayton Blind Love
Redemption

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought of her until I read the first issue (of Bru's run) again. She take a pretty good smack to the mouth and then it looks like two inmates grab her to continue their attack on her. The leader of the pack calls off this attack and focuses on Foggy. If she was supposed to take this for the team, then she fooled me. She might be in on this because she has been written very well to be supportive of Matt's chase and we really don't know much about her.

It keeps coming back to the IV drip and the person in the chair. I just have no explaination for that.

Thanks for sharing that Sandman. Nice to see a new face in these parts.

C.
Isaac
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This at least takes out Elektra and the Black Widow...

Daredevil #95
Written by ED BRUBAKER
Pencils and Cover by MICHAEL LARK
MORE DEADLY THAN -PART 1 of 4
The BLACK WIDOW comes runs to DAREDEVIL afraid for her life – but what does Matt do when he realises that she is being hunted by his other old flame ELEKTRA? And what terrible thing has the Black Widow done to earn Elektra’s wrath?
Sandman
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I've gone over all the Brubaker issues again to try and get this right. If I've left anything out -chime in with it.

*Lennox hires Danny Rand to run around in a DD costume. Rand is told to make weekly reports and is given tips on other criminal activities to be on the lookout for.
*Lennox hires old Kingpin bagman "Drivin' Ivan" to hire Hammerhead to put Murdock into solitary while ...
*Lennox himself hiresan unnamed thug/crew to put a knife in Foggy
**at some point one of the C.O's is also paid off to walk Foggy and Dakota into the trap. Note that the CO's body is later recovered by Rand (perhaps given a tip by Lennox on this?).

*The men outside the house of Foggy's protective custody reveal that they have a man inside the FBI who was able to get Foggy protected without most of the Bureau knowing. These men don't seem to want Foggy killed, as discussed earlier in this board. -The most disturbing part is that members of The Hand who are watching over Foggy refer to these men as mafia.

*Dakota North and Ben Urich start to close in on Lennox and Lennox flees the country headed to Monaco. Lennox meets up with a list of others including Lilly Lucca and the new Matador. Lennox hires Lilly to throw Murdock off his trail and disorient him with the pheromones (meaning someone understands all of Matt's senses). The Matador is hired to kill Lilly in front of DD -for a yet unknown reason.

*All we've really know of the mastermind is that they are on an IV and DD feels a knife turning in his back over it.

---As I reread all of this, here's what really stood out to me. Criminal activity is being monitored by Lennox and his employer, sending their DD after unwanted activities. The criminals of all people want to keep Foggy secure -is this to use against Matt as a future bargaining chip? And Lilly was offered the role of leadership in a huge organized mob in Spain.

So it seems possible to me that someone has been using all of this to establish control of all the Kingpin's old territory (and gain overseas allies) and weed out any unwanted competition through Rtheir very own superhero (Rand). Even Danny thought he was really doing it for Foggy. But then Matt escaped jail. His attention is focused on Lennox overseas so noone is around to stop the crimianl territory from being all scooped up. And if DD returns? They have Foggy.

Add in the IV and while other names may fit here -you can't help but consider Richard Fisk.

It's just that knife in the back statement that bothers me so. I again debate whether or not Dakota North was in on it, but she kept calling Ben with more info on Lennox. . .[/i]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: