Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Did anyone like The Ben Affleck DareDevil movie?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Disco_Stu
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Did anyone like The Ben Affleck DareDevil movie? Reply with quote

Personally I was not a fan but there were some aspects to the film I did like a lot. Such as the costume and Colin Farrell as the villian. I will say I liked the director's cut more but that didn't turn things completely around for me. It's better but still not good. Anyway I was just wondering if anyone here actually thought the film was good. I'm not trying to bash anyone. I'm just curious because most people I talk to seem to really hate it but everyone is entitled to their opinion.
ninjacop
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i loved the entire film from when i first saw it as a teenager, and have loved it ever since nearly 10 years on. I only watch the directors cut now, as it is a massive improvement (it was 'the dark knight' before the dark knight came out; a serious superhero movie).

i honestly think its one of the best superhero movies of all time, the directors cut is so well crafted and engaging, mark steven johnson really believed in the characters he was working with and i think that came across in the film.
Guardian-Devil
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjacop wrote:
i loved the entire film from when i first saw it as a teenager, and have loved it ever since nearly 10 years on. I only watch the directors cut now, as it is a massive improvement (it was 'the dark knight' before the dark knight came out; a serious superhero movie).

i honestly think its one of the best superhero movies of all time, the directors cut is so well crafted and engaging, mark steven johnson really believed in the characters he was working with and i think that came across in the film.

I couldn't have said it better myself!!! i'm 100% with you on that!! I loved it since i saw it on the big screen nearly 10 years ago. I haven't seen the theatrical version in years, i'm only watching the director's cut!! I really love it!!

Last edited by Guardian-Devil on Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ryu Murdock
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I saw it a decade ago, I was sold. I was in awe of it. But mainly because it was a DD movie and not because it was a great superhero movie.

I liked Affleck in it. Back then,if asked who I wanted to play Matt, (no I wouldn't say Guy Pearce 'cause he does not want to be involved in any comic book movie) I would have loved Michael Vartan or Ethan Hawke for the role. But yeah, I think Affleck did good as DD. Half-hearted as he was, he was still a decent Matt/DD.

Hated Clarke-Duncan as Kingpin.

Favreau was okay as Foggy.

Liked Garner.

Loved Colin Farrell.
Disco_Stu
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryu Murdock wrote:

Liked Garner.

To each his own but I think this is what I hated most about the film.
Pete
Fall From Grace

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a whole heap of posts on here, some might even survive from the time, about the movie when it came out. It really split the board here and I stated at the time that I quite liked the theatrical, despite it's flaws.

Since the Directors Cut has been released, those flaws from the 'original' theatrical version are all the more evident. The studio, in the guise of god'awful Producer Gary Foster, butchered the original vision of the director and tried to present a wham bam action movie that, as cut, fell apart slightly at the seams in the second half of the film.

Seen in the way that the director MSJ originally intended it to be seen, uncut, in full, Daredevil is,( in comparison with other Superhero fare,) long, violent and very, very dark. It does justice to the character of Matt Murdock, (but only by the end of the film) and is up there in my top three favorite superhero films made thus far.
Gee
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally agree directors cut was really good. The use of music in the movie to set tone, introduce character was maybe the best I have seen in any movie ever, and I watch a whole lotta movies.
Darkdevil
Humanity's Fathom

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, ok, have to check into the Director's Cut of the movie then.

I saw the film once in the theaters and remember liking it. I didn't think Affleck was that bad in the role, Garner might not have been the right choice for Elektra given her off-screen relationship with Affleck and her appearance on the TV show Alias at that time.

I thought Duncan was an unusual choice for Kingpin but don't remember anything negative about his performance. Farrell, well, Farrell plays a sociopath rather convincingly.

My biggest gripe back then might have been the lack of interconnectedness with other Marvel movies. Urich works for the Daily Bugle, I wanted to see Jameson from the Raimi Spidey movies in this but alas different studios, different movies.
aleena
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ben afflek is one of my fav actor, i like almost all of his movies
http://www.youtube.com/user/eccouncilusa
https://www.isaca.org/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: