Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Daredevil Ninja

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kuljit Mithra
Hardcore

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:18 pm    Post subject: Daredevil Ninja Reply with quote

Ever wondered what the heck Daredevil Ninja was all about?

Check out this posting from Bendis at his board:

well, as i have said publicly- its not what i wrote.

issue 1 the artist drew the script as he saw fit and all was well. then the following issues he drew whatever he wanted and tried to get me fired from the project. not knowing that i had been offered the job running marvel knights. which, of course, i did not take.

when the art came in. the editor and i desperately tried to figure out what he drew and what we could do with it. it was a strange situation.

i was excited to work with him and thought he was really talented. but in the end he was one of the very few people i have worked with that it completely did not work for me on any level.

if you love it or hate it, and some do like it, i can't take full credit or blame. they offered me the opportunity ot take my name off of it and i chose not to. it just seemed wrong.

they even offered ot have my scripts drawn my someone else as a ninja redux type of thing, but i passed on that as well.

but there have been so many scripts of mine that have been propelled to such amazing heights by some amazing people. and i did learn from the experience.

Bendis is referring to Rob Haynes, the artist on Daredevil: Ninja.

http://www.606studios.com/bendisboard/showthread.php?t=95053
Forrest
Lowlife

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love DD:Ninja! It's a fun, fast-paced, swashbuckling, overseas adventure! All these are attributes I never see in Bendis's mainstream (Marvel) work. Now I know why DD:Ninja barely feels like it was written by modern Bendis. (I always just assumed that Ninja was due to a more adventurous Bendis in his earlier years at Marvel. Razz)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: