Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Hey, are you new here? Introduce yourself!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
phase2
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don`t think he will be in the Avengers myself but I know they need to get one of the Spider heros out. One too many spiders I say.
Kuljit Mithra
Hardcore

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to say a big "WELCOME" to all the new posters.
It's good to see a range of readers, from many different countries.
DpmDaredevil
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello DD Board, This is my very first post here at teh forums. I first became interested in Daredevil when i saw the movie when it first came out...i thought, wow this looks like pretty cool movie. sooo, of course i went out to see the movie and i thought....geez what an awesome movie. Ever since then, ive been a loyal fan of Daredevil. now since the movie is on DVD, i have both the movie and the directors cut. Just about a year ago, i started to collect the comics. I am very energetic about #70 coming out this month. so far i have only been collecting the comics from volume 2...i also only have about 3 comics from the first volume. My favorite DD writer would probably have to be Brian Michael Bendis.

My daredevil obsession doesn't stop there. I also have about 2 going on 3 DD t-shirts. my desktop wallpaper pic shows none other than daredevil spying down from the cross on top of St. Catherine's church (i think thats the name of the church; it was mentioned in the latest comic #69).

I Hope to Post here more with my favorite daredevil website!
actionfigure
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys.....live in NC....customize figures....what else can I say? Very Happy
DAREDEVIL
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, i'm Daniel, i have been a big fan of daredevil since I saw the movie, which I thought it was cool, I like this character a lot because of everything he is. Im 15 years old and i really dont know if thats too old for reading comic books but anyway Im hoping DD gets a major role and his own series in the ultimate universe.
TheManWithoutFear
Fall From Grace

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DAREDEVIL wrote:
Hi, i'm Daniel, i have been a big fan of daredevil since I saw the movie, which I thought it was cool, I like this character a lot because of everything he is. Im 15 years old and i really dont know if thats too old for reading comic books but anyway Im hoping DD gets a major role and his own series in the ultimate universe.

Daniel, you're already my favorite poster ever.

www.UltimateCentral.com
Dorian Gray
Tree of Knowledge

Location: I live in a silver mine, and I call it Beggar's Tomb

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DAREDEVIL wrote:
. Im 15 years old and i really dont know if thats too old for reading comic books .

Laughing Hahaha Laughing , too old. You have to be kidding, too old. Not too many people in a comic shop under 30. I'll be 17 in May am I think I am one of the youngest people here. So no, 15 is not too old.
DAREDEVIL
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]Daniel, you're already my favorite poster ever.[/quote]

Well thanks man!.

[quote]So no, 15 is not too old.[/quote]

Well it's glad to hear it.
actionfigure
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing

I'm 22....and was just in the comic shop yesterday.....
Randall
Root of Evil

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can relate to you younger guys. I am 23 and started collecting comics at 17.
Corsair
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings everyone -

I've been registered on this board for sometime, but this is my first post. I've collected DD on and off since around issue 181. Stopped collecting comics in general for a while in the late 80's through 90s - generally wasn't happy with the art or the quality of the stories. Started seriously collecting again iin the spring of 2003.

I've enjoyed a majority of Bendis' work, and a lot of Millers. I also liked Chichester (which puts me in the minority apparently) and didn't particularly care for Nocenti (minority again), though I don't have enough of their runs to make a final judgement.

I collect mainly monthly issues - trades are great for re-reading without possibly damaging an individual issue, but the budget won't accomodate both individual issues and trades.

I don't remember exactly how I got into Daredevil - I think I may have stumbled across him in another comic, or at a friend's, but I quickly got to like him. He's a very human super human. In a lot of ways he reminds me of Batman, except Batman has no special powers (I think - not a big DC fan). And reading his life story makes my life look quite sane Smile

As for the movie, I liked it for what it was, but felt Affleck was a very poor choice for Matt Murdock/Daredevil. I think Ben Broward (John Crichton from Farscape) would have been much better. I have yet to see the director's cut.

My ultimate goal is to have the complete volume 1 and 2 runs, plus all one-shots/minis and guest appearances. Definatly a long-term goal, as I'm at about 40% of volume 1 I believe, with lots of gaps (earliest issue is #2, latest is #379).

As for age - you're never too old. I'm 35 Smile

Finally, I'd like to thank our webmaster for this site. It's an excellent site - well maintained and put together.

Well, I've probably used up more than my fair share of bandwith, so I'll go for now. Nice to meet you all.

Corsair
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DAREDEVIL
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey nice to meet you man, good luck in your goal, but Ben Broward (John Crichton from Farscape) for Matt/DD really? im not so sure but my opinion is different in Affleck( which I liked as Matt/DD) wasn't getting the role, then they shpould go wiht Brad Pitt or Matt Damon, but that's my opinion.
mar-vel
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi
i've been comeing here for awhile but just never got around to becomeing a member. I live in stillwater MN. I'm a student and have been reading comics for about a year and a half. i also disign costumes in my spare time. And thats prety much it about me. Wink [/img]
Goddess0Whim
Fall From Grace

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi mar-vel!
welcome welcome!
you'll have to share some of your costume designs w/ DareDiva and i. we're all over that kinda stuff too. Smile
have fun and enjoy!
BraveStarr
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone... I first became a fan of Daredevil after seeing the movie. I saw it after it came out on DVD. The only reason then was because I'm a big fan of Jennifer Garner on Alias.

I was never a comic book reader growing up, but have since become hooked after the new Masters of the Universe comic came out. I've since picked up Daredevil: Legends Vol 1-4 and have enjoyed those a lot.

I've been picking up all the newer issues but have not read any yet. ...still waiting to find time to read all the issues I've missed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 3 of 19

Jump to: