Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Marvel's Daredevil S2E13 Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The New York Bulletin said it first, probably because that cop told them to (when Daredevil left, the cop shouted "what should I call you.").

Not sure what to read next? Check out the Book Club for some ideas!

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
DesignDevil
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing season.
Not a single weak episode. Overall better than season 1.

Charlie Cox is the MVP of Marvel. Matt and Elektra had probably the best onscreen chemistry of any modern comic book "couple" in TV or the films.

Only flaws that bothered me in this season:
Matt was an ass yes, but Karen and Foggy turned on him too quickly and ruthlessly in my opinion. Karen storms off like she's on a daytime soap opera when there was obviously something weird going on with a sick woman and an old blind man in Matt's apartment. Frankly by the end of the season I wanted to tell Foggy "Don't let the door hit you on your way out."

The court scenes were the big weak spot though. "Law and Order" has better courtroom writing. Matt's big speech was great and all, but he'd never have been able to give it. The DA would've objected 12 times over and the judge would've ordered him to actually question Frank, which was what he was supposed to be doing at the time.

Franks story drug on a little too long. The Blacksmith reveal and resolution should've been wrapped up in episode 11, allowing 12 and 13 to focus on Matt and Elektra which was the main event. They could still have Frank show up at the end to help, but I think it would've been more exciting if we hadn't seen him for the last two episodes.
Dimetre
Underboss

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found this season to be a wildly mixed bag.

While I find the Elektra and Daredevil relationship in the original comics to be a tragic representation of true love, I don't think the relationship in this show can be called true love. At least it isn't in my opinion. I think Matt was infatuated with her, and she represents his sexual awakening. But when he found out who she really was, he became painfully aware that it would never work. Still, he's Matt Murdock, and he doesn't know how to give up. So she became a problem he would always try to solve, even when healthier relationships were presenting themselves.

Elektra was his obsession to such an extent this season, that he allowed her to remove him from everything else in his life. He was even willing to lay Matt Murdock to rest to be on the run with her. That speech he gave her was kind of remarkable, because it was a character expressing his want of a different future than the viewers wanted him to have. I don't think I've ever seen that before. None of us wanted him to stop being Matt and run around the globe with a woman who can't stop killing. But he would never give up on trying to save her. And the painful truth is none of us thought he could.

This was a strong way to end a tumultuous season, however there were a few things I found problematic. At the end of Jessica Jones, was Hogarth still a practising lawyer? I certainly didn't think she was still partner in a big firm.

I don't know why Karen looked so shocked to see the Punisher on the roof of the building.

What Karen wrote sounded more like poetic verse than the hard-hitting truth bomb her boss requested. Sadly, for me, it resembled something Doogie Howser or Carrie Bradshaw would recite over the end of one of their shows.

There were things I didn't like about this season, but I have to applaud the people behind this show for their ambition and their willingness to take risks.

And I love the billy club.
james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dimetre wrote:

While I find the Elektra and Daredevil relationship in the original comics to be a tragic representation of true love, I don't think the relationship in this show can be called true love. At least it isn't in my opinion. I think Matt was infatuated with her, and she represents his sexual awakening. But when he found out who she really was, he became painfully aware that it would never work. Still, he's Matt Murdock, and he doesn't know how to give up. So she became a problem he would always try to solve, even when healthier relationships were presenting themselves.

Wow. Yes. Exactly.

So why can't you see the funny side?
Why aren't you laughing?
humanaccident
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great series, I like that they are changing things from the comics, Bens death in the first series, Elektra being killed by the Hand, it makes me more interested as its not just the comics I know and love being made into TV its new stories. Nothing worse than seeing a movie copied exactly and line for line from a book.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: