Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

What's everybody reading?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The off-topic section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nightwing2001
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoy the Walking Dead show but the comic being up to like 120 has kept me away from reading it. Nowadays I like to start reading a comic from the beginning. But maybe someday I will pick up the trades of it.

I mostly buy trades nowadays online for way less than cover price so I'm able to read a lot of stuff that way. But of course I'm kind of behind in reading from the huge trade orders I buy.

Current stuff I read:

Daredevil
Hawkeye
Deadpool
Thunderbolts
(waiting for the trades of the new She-Hulk, Black Widow and Elektra series to try out)

most Star Wars stuff from Dark Horse
X
Captain Midnight

Smallville Season 11
Batman Beyond
Tiny Titans
Jeff Lemire's Green Arrow

X-0 Manowar
Unity
Rai
Armor Hunters

Lazarus
Sidekick
Velvet
Ghosted
East of West
Sex
Satellite Sam

Suicide Risk
Supurbia

(There are a lot of new series From Boom Studios and Image I may try out when their trades come out as well, can't remember them right at the moment)

(any) Shadow
(any) Red Sonja
The Spider
Battlestar Galactica
Warlord of Mars
Dejah Thoris
(any) Zorro

(Count also Dynamite for having some other new things I might try when they come out)

Uber
Rachel Rising
Rogues
Robyn Hood
Tarot
Shahrazad
Ursa Minor
(some other indies I can't remember right now too)

I also pick up some collections sometimes of older comics from the 70's and 80's, and very rarely some 60's stuff. Mostly old Marvel and DC stuff. As I have a soft spot for the old stuff that I remember as a kid.

Whew!

My collection is really out of control so I know someday I will have to cool it a bit with what I get but it's hard. Wink
Darkdevil
Humanity's Fathom

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

james castle wrote:

I'm undecided about picking up Nightcrawler and/or Cyclops. I sort of want to pick up the former out of an undying love for Claremont and the later out of an undying love for Cyclops but I'm not convinced.

I'm surprised by how good Nightcrawler has been. Claremont delivers a solid story, great character moments and some great action. Nuack's art is terrific too.

As for Cyclops, Rucka has done an excellent job so far with the burgeoning relationship between young Scott and Corsair. Taking place in the far reaches of Marvel space is also a plus. Like Nightcrawler, it's been refreshing fun.
Dragonbat
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm enjoying Nightcrawler immensely. When I say I rank it 5th behind DD, She-Hulk, Silver Surfer, and Hulk, I feel like I'm comparing it to Olympic events where the difference between 1st place and 5th place can often be measured in 10ths or even 100ths of a second.
Dimetre
Underboss

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

james castle wrote:
Speaking of undying loves, Nocenti is apparently going to write a Klarion the Witch Boy. I loved Morisson's Klarion but I really didn't like Nocenti's Green Arrow.

Have you read any of Nocenti's Catwoman? I tried for a few issues, but I couldn't get into it. To be fair, that book has been awful ever since the New 52 reboot under Judd Winick.
james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dimetre wrote:
james castle wrote:
Speaking of undying loves, Nocenti is apparently going to write a Klarion the Witch Boy. I loved Morisson's Klarion but I really didn't like Nocenti's Green Arrow.

Have you read any of Nocenti's Catwoman? I tried for a few issues, but I couldn't get into it. To be fair, that book has been awful ever since the New 52 reboot under Judd Winick.

No. Green Arrow was enough of a warning shot for me (it was really terrible) so I steered clear of Catwaoman. I'll pick up Klarion though.

So why can't you see the funny side?
Why aren't you laughing?
Darkdevil
Humanity's Fathom

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

james castle wrote:
I'm actually surprised by the lack of Walking Dead or Invincible on anyone's list. I used to read both but dropped them when the quality dropped. Given the popularity of The Walking Dead you'd think someone would be reading it.

Zombies hold little appeal for me so I've never read WD nor do I watch the show.

I've read the Vol. 1 tpb of Invincible awhile ago, it was okay.

Although now that I think about it, I've read very little by Kirkman. It's not that I didn't like what I read, it's just that I wasn't intrigued enough to keep on reading.
james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Digital Manhattan Projects trades are on sale again. I've hesitated on this series even though I loved early Hickman stuff. On a scale of 1 to 10 how "must read" is it?

So why can't you see the funny side?
Why aren't you laughing?
train
Guardian Devil

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoy Manhattan Projects a lot. It's near the top of my monthly read list behind East Of West and Lazarus. It's pretty bizarre but a fun alternative history story.
Nightwing2001
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot I'm also reading The Massive by Brian Wood. A great post crash/disaster story that is fantastic. If you haven't read any of Brian Wood's comics you are really missing out on some really great stuff.
Guardian-Devil
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only read Daredevil, Elektra & Amazing Spiderman... Occasionally i'm reading Marvel's big events (like Original Sin now) and any mini series about those 3 characters.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The off-topic section All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: