Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Which Villains Should Appear in the Daredevil TV series?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Overlord
Paradiso

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that we know more about this series, do you think there will be villains besides Owl and Kingpin in the first season? I heard some ninjas are on the trailer at Comic Con, so the Hand will likely appear as well. Though it looks like Bullseye will not appear in the first season.

So are Kingpin, Owl and the Hand enough villains for season 1 or there be someone else?
Ash-n-Bone
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I think that's enough villains for the first season. Kingpin, Owl, ninja, Wesley, and then probably the odd gangster here and there.

I trust Marvel not to make the terrible mistake of cramming all the villains into one season like Gotham has.

The last thing I want this to be is " villain of the week" show.
The Overlord
Paradiso

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ash-n-Bone wrote:
Well I think that's enough villains for the first season. Kingpin, Owl, ninja, Wesley, and then probably the odd gangster here and there.

I trust Marvel not to make the terrible mistake of cramming all the villains into one season like Gotham has.

The last thing I want this to be is " villain of the week" show.

That's a good point, it would feel more like a movie if it had only a few villains.

Considering they have both Owl and Kingpin in the first season, I assume there is going to be a gang war between the two of them. I think they will combine elements from Miller's Gang War Story and the Man Without Fear mini. I also assume they will present Owl as a violent, impulsive psychopath (he has been written that way in the comics) similar to say Tuco from Breaking Bad or Gyp Rosetti from Board Walk Empire, so Kingpin looks clam, cool and sympathetic by comparison.

Kingpin and Owl could have super villain mercs working for them, but that not is necessary, seeing DD dealing with Kingpin and Owl's goons works just as well and work better in a TV budget.

I guess we don't see Silt-Man in the first season. Wink
The Overlord
Paradiso

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that the first season has been out for a while, what villains do you want to appear in the second season?

There are obvious candidates who will likely appear in the second season, like Bullseye and Elektra.

Who has could or should appear? Owlsely Jr. seems set up in the first season to be a version of the Owl similar to the comics (being younger then Bob Gunton). Owlsely Jr. could be a player in the rush to fill the power vacuum to fill Kingpin's position.

Perhaps Erik Slaughter could be another rival crime boss. Bushacker and Bullet could be mercs working for some of the crime bosses (I do wonder if Bushwacker would tricky to pull off on a TV budget and would a cyborg be too "out there" for this show?)

Mr. Fear seems like another character they could adapt for the TV series, with Mr. Fear being a lawyer by day and a ruthless criminal with a grudge against Murdock by night.

Purple Man and Mr. Hyde are appearing in other shows at the moment, so they may be unavailable.

I heard a rumor that Mysterio might appear in the second season:

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2015/06/06/mysterio-rumored-to-be-villain-for-daredevil-season-2-3286502?lt_source=external,manual

Also how many villains should appear in a second season? It could be fun to have some of these villains appear, but you don't want to lose the tight story telling the first season had and turn the show into a "freak of the week" style show.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: