Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Daredevil Directors Cut
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Blind Lawyer
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject: Daredevil Directors Cut Reply with quote

Im getting ready to buy the DD Directors Cut but Im starting to wonder if it is really worth it. I mean is it as good as the Theatrical Release or is better?
train
Guardian Devil

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's better than the theatrical cut. worth the purchase.
Forrest
Lowlife

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed!

The director's cut is far, far greater than the theatrical cut! To this day, I am amazed that the theatrical cut was allowed to see the time of day...
hylozoii
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how the director's cut can make the movie any better. I don't know which one I rented, but I couldn't finish it. Ben Affleck is a horrible horrible actor. Also the dialogue was bad too. The movie reminded me of when my brother and I would pretend to be our favorite Marvel characters, which was just last week. Maybe I should rent the DC version and try to watch it all the way through.

edit: oh sorry. the last post was a month ago. I've been away. sorry.
Forrest
Lowlife

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The theatrical cut was simply edited so poorly that the story didn't make sense at the end. The DC improves on this, with Karen's lone moment in the movie.

The best joke in the movie (which is pretty funny) is cut out in the theatrical cut.

Some of the best moments of Matt using his super senses are only in the DC [driving a car (trust me, it's fun) and human forensic work].

Most importantly, we get more flashbacks with the young Matt and his father, who both could not have been cast better.

This is the biggest change from theatrical cut to director's cut that I have ever seen in a movie. The theatrical cut is a comparative abomination!
Pariah229
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 8:10 am    Post subject: The court has swayed me. Reply with quote

Ya'll would make fine Foggys and Murdocks. Up until reading this blog I had seen the DD movie twice in theatres, and twice was enough for me. I had heard the DC version was by far better, and if not worth the purchase, at least the rental fee, but I am a stubborn man and have ignored the DC...but maybe it wouldn't KILL me to try it out, (famous last words). I'll let you know my opinion.

--Pariah229
Disco_Stu
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Director's cut is a huge improvement but that's not saying much.
Jim B.
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally did see the Director's Cut and it is better, mainly because they put back all of the character development into the movie which at least makes you have some feeling for the character's (something the Theatrical version never made you feel) plus it also takes out the awful scene where Elektra and Matt "make sweet love to each other down by the fire" (To quote Chef) which was a terrible, cliched and silly scene. They just have it that they just spend the night being close to each other and nothing more, which was a more serious and realistic scene to me. Jon Favreau was enjoyable as Foggy too I have to say and you got to see much more of him this time.

But of course this movie still has the flaming DD symbol (ala first Crow movie) the terrible CGI DD scenes where he looks like a Playstation 3 character, lines where people say "justice!" "liar!" and "I'm not the bad guy!" DD killing people, Echo... I MEAN Elektra and Matt's silly fight in the playground, DD's radar sense being apart of his hearing, Kingpin grinning like an idiot, Finding out Kingpin killed Matt's Dad (ala first Batman movie) Bad rap and nu-metal soundtrack music, Matt training HIMSELF to use his senses and to become a great fighter and acrobat, Matt getting his blindness and powers by accident and not for being a hero like in the comic and etc, and etc. so it still is a really sucky movie and not worthy of the comic book. But it is an improvement, but really that's not saying much is it?
Disco_Stu
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim B. wrote:
I finally did see the Director's Cut and it is better, mainly because they put back all of the character development into the movie which at least makes you have some feeling for the character's (something the Theatrical version never made you feel) plus it also takes out the awful scene where Elektra and Matt "make sweet love to each other down by the fire" (To quote Chef) which was a terrible, cliched and silly scene. They just have it that they just spend the night being close to each other and nothing more, which was a more serious and realistic scene to me. Jon Favreau was enjoyable as Foggy too I have to say and you got to see much more of him this time.

But of course this movie still has the flaming DD symbol (ala first Crow movie) the terrible CGI DD scenes where he looks like a Playstation 3 character, lines where people say "justice!" "liar!" and "I'm not the bad guy!" DD killing people, Echo... I MEAN Elektra and Matt's silly fight in the playground, DD's radar sense being apart of his hearing, Kingpin grinning like an idiot, Finding out Kingpin killed Matt's Dad (ala first Batman movie) Bad rap and nu-metal soundtrack music, Matt training HIMSELF to use his senses and to become a great fighter and acrobat, Matt getting his blindness and powers by accident and not for being a hero like in the comic and etc, and etc. so it still is a really sucky movie and not worthy of the comic book. But it is an improvement, but really that's not saying much is it?

I agree with just about everything you said but I have to say I like the idea of his radar sense being part of his hearing. To me that makes more since. Also it truly makes you feel that this guy really is blind.
rgj
Hardcore

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disco Stu wrote:
I agree with just about everything you said but I have to say I like the idea of his radar sense being part of his hearing. To me that makes more since. Also it truly makes you feel that this guy really is blind.

I totally disagree with you. It makes no sense and the way MSJ used it makes no sense. Look, if they want to change the radar to his hearing that's fine, whatever (MSJ never read a DD comic).

MSJ basically says Matt's radar is based on external noise. Passive radar/sonar, not active. This means that as noise travels towards Matt and goes around objects, Matt "sees" these objects. And, since Matt can hear "a whisper a mile away" he must then always be bombarded by these waves and thus must always have "clear vision." It makes no sense (other than, like the DD in flames, it looks "cool"--and that's subjective by the way) based on MSJ's definiton why Matt would bang his billy club down in the subway to get a "better look" at where Quesada is (which is active radar--sending out the waves so they bounce back). Since Matt's radar is based on passive radar (and his hearing is amplified) there should be no reason for Matt to bang the club. Heck, Quesada's respiraton and heart beat (and all the sounds behind him--a mile away) should have been enough to "see" him.

Contrast that with Matt's comic radar (well, at least the classic definiton of it before the movie blurred everything). Things like sudden noises (that Matt isn't ready for), or sudden odors or pain may hinder Matt from focusing on his radar sense (which are waves eminating from his brain in 360 degree fashion and bounce off objects in the environment and are reflected back to him). His distraction from the radar makes him more vulnurable and closer to blindness than MSJ's definiton.

But, anyway, the radar "interpretation" is the last reason this movie sucked. There are tons of stuff, mainly due to the writing, that makes this film stink--like rotten tomatoes.

rgj
Marvel Knight
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may be in the minority but I really like the DC, and while not a perfect Daredevil film it still works on a lot of levels.
Forrest
Lowlife

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marvel Knight wrote:
I may be in the minority but I really like the DC, and while not a perfect Daredevil film it still works on a lot of levels.

It's a fact that the haters of the film (theatrical or DC) are far more vocal than the lovers of the film but I don't know if that means that we're in the minority. Wink

Personally, I LOVE the director's cut. I think it's a good film and an especially good comic/superhero film (on par with Spider-man). The next post will be from someone who hates the film. Razz

Welcome to the board!
Darediva
Wake Up

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wrong, Forrest! I liked the director's cut,too. Ok, now a word from rgj and james castle...

Those who throw dirt merely lose ground.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
train
Guardian Devil

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i liked the movie too...now back to our regularly scheduled movie hating rants.
james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, four movie lovers in a row. I guess the mythical silent majority isn't that silent after all (note to Forest: the "vocal minority" bit went out decades ago).

Oh yeah and the movie sucks and MSJ couldn't direct a commercial without making it suck.

So why can't you see the funny side?
Why aren't you laughing?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: