Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

DAREDEVIL #25 Preview, Reviews and Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What did you think of DAREDEVIL #25?
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
66%
 66%  [ 4 ]
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

fubarthepanda
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Despite my ongoing displeasure with the DD-in-prison storyline, I did like the Elektra and Stick aspects of this issue.

Kind of funny since the last time DD was in prison, Iron Fist took over the role and took his place in the original Civil War event, just as Elektra is now doing in King In Black.
yudansha
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Murdock wrote:
Rand wrote:

I was unclear on that, too... until I finally realized the importance of Elektra's last-page comment "I... I remember... Matt..."

We're supposed to understand that these scenes happened somewhat recently, in that we're supposed to understand that this is the moment (and the process by which) Elektra remembers that Matt is Daredevil-- by virtue of this (near-)resurrection.

It probably was intended to be recent. That being said, there's reason to believe, based on Bendis's Defenders, that she already knew his identity there. And it was either earlier in Zdarsky's run or somewhere late in Soule's run where Matt questions whether she actually does know. I'd be willing to bet that those scenes took place while Matt was wearing his black costume absent any evidence to the contrary.

It has been awhile since I read Bendis' Defenders, but I thought Matt did reveal his identity to Elektra in that series. Which has confused me with all the surprise that she knows. Did he not reveal his identity during that story? And while on the topic of the identity, the relationship between Matt and so many other characters is so much the poorer without the identity knowledge. I cant help but feel something is missing when he talks to Tony or Spider-Man and its always distant when they just refer to him as DD and not Matt. But I digress.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: