Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Question about DD's mom

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Disco_Stu
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:16 am    Post subject: Question about DD's mom Reply with quote

I asked this before in another thread but the next day my computer crashed and I can't find it now. I was just wondering does the Catholic Church (the Catholic Church in the Marvel Universe, not the real one) know that she had a kid when she became a nun?
Kuljit Mithra
Hardcore

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 3:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Question about DD's mom Reply with quote

Disco_Stu wrote:
I asked this before in another thread but the next day my computer crashed and I can't find it now. I was just wondering does the Catholic Church (the Catholic Church in the Marvel Universe, not the real one) know that she had a kid when she became a nun?

Hey,

Actually, it isn't even known if Matt was born while Maggie was a nun. This whole story of Matt's parents hasn't been revealed as to how and why they broke up, although Daredevil: Father #6 may reveal some answers.
Marvel Knight
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is only a theory but I think Matt's mother left him and Jack Murdock in order to join the church shortly after Matt was born (perhaps she felt guilty for having a child out of wedlock, or simply wanted to change her life around) and then she watched over him from afar ever since.

So, my guess is that no, the Church as an organization doesn't know that Sister Maggie has a child although individual members (such as people close to her) might. But as a Catholic myself I can say that it wouldn't affect her position as a nun if it were common knowledge. What matters to the Church is how she conducts her life in accordance with the vows she has taken, not what she did before she made them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> FAQ All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: