Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

New Ed Brubaker interview!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pete
Fall From Grace

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mindwave is dead??? Mindwave is dead ?!?

Hahahahaha! You poor pathetic fools! If only you new the truth. Soon, my friends. Very, very soon....

Seriously, we are talking Marvel Comics here. What exactly is the definition of 'dead' here? granted, if Marvel ever brought back Karen Page, or even Deathstalker, it would be crap. There are people who believe that Elektra is still dead. But most of the bad guys turn up again and again after seemingly tripping from this mortal coil and most people accept it. It's a comic book. So what gives with Mindwave?

Look, its a manwithoutfear.com message board fact that I've been on a mission for years demanding they bring back Becky Blake. And Mindwave. People, I'm not going anywhere with the job only half done. Isn't that right Ed? Laughing

Anyway, silly bad guy should be Angar. Even Stilts, Leap Frog, Man Bull and Matador have redeeming features next to this guy.
Kick ass baddie, I'd love to see The Gael back.
Stephan
Humanity's Fathom

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete - how about The Arranger! He obviously harbors ill will toward Fisk (inasmuch as The Kingpin dispatched assassins to slay him in a Spectacular Spider-Man issue). Perhaps The Arranger is the mysterious villan who is manipulating both Matt and Fisk. Though Matt only had a handful of encounters with him (Marvel Team-Up #141, etc.), The Arranger would be a compelling character to reintroduce.
The Overlord
Paradiso

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rgj wrote:
Is it me, or is Master devoid of even a semblance of a sense of humor??

And really, Master, did you ask us who we thought might be the villains just so you could shoot down the guesses?? Geez.

rgj

You can never be sure if someone is joking on the net. I have seen people say very silly things and have meant as serious. Besides we were talking about who the goofy villain was supposed to be, so making goofy suggestions is not of the question. If you want people to know your joking, use a happy face.
The Overlord
Paradiso

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stephan wrote:
Pete - how about The Arranger! He obviously harbors ill will toward Fisk (inasmuch as The Kingpin dispatched assassins to slay him in a Spectacular Spider-Man issue). Perhaps The Arranger is the mysterious villan who is manipulating both Matt and Fisk. Though Matt only had a handful of encounters with him (Marvel Team-Up #141, etc.), The Arranger would be a compelling character to reintroduce.

The Arranger is dead, it might be silly to bring him back. I for one, don't like ressurections in comics.
The Overlord
Paradiso

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stephan wrote:
An exceptional DD villan returns? I have been clamoring for Ammo (not seen since DD Vol. #1 #260) to return for some time! He was a brutal, merciless lawbreaker. Nonsensical villans? Perhaps Kruel - the most ill-conceived villan ever -survived his plunge! Or maybe Sir (the..uh..androgynous woman-hater) is the one impersonating DD! He did don DD's costume before, did he not, Kuljit?

Well thanks to rgi, I have to ask, are these suggestions serious or are they jokes?

Well Ammo is kinda cool, but Brubaker doesn't like the Noccenti run so I doubt he will use him, Sir and Kruel are lame and just suck, they should never be used again, ever. There are villains with far greater potenial out there.
rgj
Hardcore

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a fantastic thread. Great speculation by all. Oh, and nice insight and wonderful input by Master Meg. Good stuff.

rgj

p.s. Oh, wait . . . Very Happy
Stephan
Humanity's Fathom

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about the Surgeon General (the deranged woman who removed body parts for profit in DD Vol. #1 #205-206)! She was a truly laughable character. On a more serious note, Law Professor Lawrence Cranston (Mr. Fear) is a strong possibility. His motives were never deciphered. Why DID he harbor such animosity toward Matt? And what HAS become of him (Matt failed to capture him)?
Stephan
Humanity's Fathom

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another possible mastermind is Silke's as-yet-unidentified Father (who is apparently a prominent underworld figure). Fisk butchered Silke, and his Father could be bent on revenge. Why would Silke's Father bear any ill will toward Matt? Well, the exposure of Matt's secret identity is what ultimately led to Silke's demise...
vtsoxfan7
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think that just because Brubaker wasn't a big fan of Nocenti's run that he would completely ignore characters from that time period for use in his own writings. Any good writer (which Bru has definately proved that he is) would keep their eyes open anywhere for possible characters to pluck for their own use. Personally, if it was me, I'd go out of my way to try and find a useful character from that stretch because no one would expect it (of course this could lead to a crap story - guess that's why I'm not a writer by trade)!

http://tburnham7.blogspot.com/

'So I've got THAT going for me...which is nice' - Bill Murray, Caddyshack
Doug
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brubaker said. "And, we'll finally find out who's been manipulating Matt's life since he got tossed in Rykers, and the answer will shock you."

I know that this is a long shot, but could it be Mr. Fears daughter Shock? I've always liked her character.
The Overlord
Paradiso

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stephan wrote:
How about the Surgeon General (the deranged woman who removed body parts for profit in DD Vol. #1 #205-206)! She was a truly laughable character. On a more serious note, Law Professor Lawrence Cranston (Mr. Fear) is a strong possibility. His motives were never deciphered. Why DID he harbor such animosity toward Matt? And what HAS become of him (Matt failed to capture him)?

I thought cranston had some sort of jealous complex against Matt. Matt was more sucessful, more hansome, etc than Cranston, which contributed to his self image problems, he also killed his arrogant boss for the same reason. Its the same reasons some nerds who are bullied, who and shoot all the jocks at their school, even the nice ones. I can understand Cranston's motive. As for why crnaston fell off DD's radar screen, that can be addressed aty any time, but i think the writers just forgot about him.
Stephan
Humanity's Fathom

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brubaker's insidious, treacherous mastermind is obviously someone who harbors ill will toward both Matthew Murdock and Wilson Fisk. Killgrave certainly qualifies (DD trounced him numerous times; The Kingpin, meanwhile, seized Killgrave and exploited his powers in one celebrated Marvel tale), as does Leland Owlsley. But there are other, less notable, characters who have a vendetta against both DD and The Kingpin. Walter Jenkins (DD Vol. #1 #333-337) is an illustration. This ambitious, aspiring gangster was thwarted by Fisk and Matt, and was consigned to oblivion by subsequent writers (no doubt because "Humanity's Fathom" was a dreadful story). Any other foes that Matt and Fisk share?
The Overlord
Paradiso

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stephan wrote:
Brubaker's insidious, treacherous mastermind is obviously someone who harbors ill will toward both Matthew Murdock and Wilson Fisk. Killgrave certainly qualifies (DD trounced him numerous times; The Kingpin, meanwhile, seized Killgrave and exploited his powers in one celebrated Marvel tale), as does Leland Owlsley. But there are other, less notable, characters who have a vendetta against both DD and The Kingpin. Walter Jenkins (DD Vol. #1 #333-337) is an illustration. This ambitious, aspiring gangster was thwarted by Fisk and Matt, and was consigned to oblivion by subsequent writers (no doubt because "Humanity's Fathom" was a dreadful story). Any other foes that Matt and Fisk share?

Mr. Fear III (Larry Cranston) has a grudge against DD and Fisk. Cranston has hated Murdock since begining due to his jealous complex and hates Fisk because Fisk ruined his plans to frame Karen Page for murder.
Darediva
Wake Up

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forrest wrote:

I for one am looking forward to the Mike Murdock shades. Razz

I am hereby suggesting some current looks for the New Mike:

Maybe we should have a poll. Razz

Those who throw dirt merely lose ground.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
johndunbar
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice interview Kuljit, thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: