Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Question about potential renumbering and Daredevil Reborn

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WAMurrell
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 11:50 am    Post subject: Question about potential renumbering and Daredevil Reborn Reply with quote

With the recent news that Marvel will return some of its comics to "legacy renumbering", and with Daredevil being a strong candidate, will Daredevil: Reborn be counted in the renumbering?

Reborn bridged the storyline gap between Volumes 2 and 3. There was no on-going series of Daredevil at the time since Black Panther took up Volume 2's numbering with #513. One could even present a case that Reborn could have been the first four issues of Volume 3 with that series' #1 renumbered #5.

And with Marvel re-launching series with new #1s, who is to say that Reborn was not meant to be Volume 3.
Dimetre
Underboss

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would honestly be surprised if Reborn was counted in the renumbering. Even though there was no Daredevil title when it was out, I think it was always envisioned as a mini-series following Shadowland. Waid's run was announced shortly after Shadowland ended (or maybe even before.)

Even if you count Reborn, it doesn't help us get to a nice round number. We're still more than a year away from hitting the 600th issue. I do, however, like the idea of original numbering. Hopefully Marvel sticks with it this time, instead of the one year we got with it at the end of Volume 2.
Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't count Reborn. It's a stand-alone mini-series like many other random ones through the years. There's almost as good an argument for including those Black Panther issues that used DD's numbers.

Not sure what to read next? Check out the Book Club for some ideas!

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Kuljit Mithra
Hardcore

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they stick with main issues, it will hit #591 in August (DDV5#25).

However, all of these could be considered as well:
V1#-1
V2#0, #0.5
V3#10.1
V4#0.1, #1.50, #15.1

So they could potentially use all of these to push it to #598 in August and #600 is here much quicker. And we'll get 600 covers for issue #600. Very Happy
nerdinthenoke
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They didn't count V1 #-1 or V2 #0 or #0.5 when they reverted to original numbering the first time right (for #500)? Not that they wouldn't/couldn't this time around, it would just be very inconsistent. Confused
Dimetre
Underboss

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nerdinthenoke wrote:
They didn't count V1 #-1 or V2 #0 or #0.5 when they reverted to original numbering the first time right (for #500)? Not that they wouldn't/couldn't this time around, it would just be very inconsistent. Confused

They didn't. Volume 1 ended with #380, and Volume 2 went up to #119, and the very next issue was #500.
erock515054
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:22 am    Post subject: Daredevil Renumbering Reply with quote

According to Bleedingcool.com when Daredevil does get renumbered it will be issue # 594 or issue 28 of this current series.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/06/19/11-marvel-comics-getting-renumbered-marvel-legacy-make-mine-marvel/
Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep. Did anyone do the math to figure out what it includes?

April-ish should be exciting for issue 600.

WAMurrell
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming issue #28 is #594...

380 (Volume 1)
132 (Volume 2)
036 (Volume 3)
018 (Volume 4)
028 (Volume 5)

Perhaps the issues from Volume 2 (513 and beyond) will be included in the legacy numbering for Black Panther.
Kuljit Mithra
Hardcore

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something I just noticed in today's DAREDEVIL #22 is that the title will ship twice in October, so that means #594 is coming out in October (#27, then #594).
Sunni
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kuljit Mithra wrote:
Something I just noticed in today's DAREDEVIL #22 is that the title will ship twice in October, so that means #594 is coming out in October (#27, then #594).

So with Marvel's announcement that they are renumbering Daredevil at #595, that's November, and then #600 in April?

Dimetre wrote:
I do, however, like the idea of original numbering. Hopefully Marvel sticks with it this time, instead of the one year we got with it at the end of Volume 2.

Me too. I understand why Marvel relaunches titles, but the fact that they had to release a All-New, All-Different Marvel Reading Chronology just shows that renumbering too frequently makes everything overly complicated. Either they need to keep the original numbering, or they need to relaunch with month and year indicators on the books so people know the proper reading order without a separate guide. It shouldn't be this hard.
Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The month/year indicators only really work if they relaunch in a January as opposed to an October. I feel they could always have the long-term issue number and then a smaller issue number for the story arc or something to help lure in new readers.

nerdinthenoke
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Murdock wrote:
The month/year indicators only really work if they relaunch in a January as opposed to an October. I feel they could always have the long-term issue number and then a smaller issue number for the story arc or something to help lure in new readers.

They did something similar during the beginning of Bendis' run on the title. They had both the Vol. 2 and Vol.1 numbering and it didn't seem to confuse anyone. I'd be more than ok with some sort of system like this.
nerdinthenoke
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sure would be nice to see a graphic from Marvel showing how they are getting to #595 for the Legacy renumbering in November.

By my count we get the following:

Vol. 1 (1964): #1-380
Vol. 2 (1998): #1-119
Vol. 1 (1964): #500-512
Vol. 3 (2011): #1-36
Vol. 4 (2014): #1-18
Vol. 5 (2016): #1-26 (solicited through September)

That would bring the total to #592 so if two more issues are solicited for October release (not out of the question considering the last few months), that would bring us up to #595 in November.

As you can tell, this numbering DOES NOT include any 1/2, .1, or .5 issues or DD: Reborn.

This is the only way I can hit that number in a way that makes sense. Seeing Marvel's official count would be nice. They haven't been very consistent with what they do/don't include for other titles getting the Legacy renumbering so far.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: