Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Did Matt and Elektra ever get back together post mortem?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarcWagz
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:44 am    Post subject: Did Matt and Elektra ever get back together post mortem? Reply with quote

Something I've always wondered about but could never find the answer to.
As far as I know Matt has had flings with plenty of old girlfriends like Black Widow but I was curious did he ever have a thing with Elektra again after she came back from the dead?
Or was she too changed that it could never work again regardless of how long it had been?

If it hasn't happened do you think there is anyway it could have ever came to be that they came back together after she was revived?
Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I probably would have phrased this thread as "post-resurrection" rather than post-mortem, but that's just me. Anyway, to my knowledge, they didn't get back together. I'm also not sure he ever got back with 'tasha.

Not sure what to read next? Check out the Book Club for some ideas!

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Sunni
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarcWagz wrote:
As far as I know Matt has had flings with plenty of old girlfriends like Black Widow but I was curious did he ever have a thing with Elektra again after she came back from the dead?

Mike Murdock wrote:
Anyway, to my knowledge, they didn't get back together.

Elektra’s books continuously tease her and Matt reconciling. In her 1996-98 series, they were going to try again, and it goes south. In her 2001-2004 series, she wants to get back together with him when she comes back to NYC, and he turns her down. In her 2014-2015 series, Matt asks her to come with him to San Francisco, and she says no. And now for the June issue of her current series he’s holding her on the cover.

MarcWagz wrote:
If it hasn't happened do you think there is anyway it could have ever came to be that they came back together after she was revived?

Matt thought that Elektra was everything he wanted in a woman in issue #6 of this volume of Daredevil, and she’s thought about him in each of her issues in her current series, so the characters are already where they need to be. All it would really take is for Marvel editorial to approve it and Soule and/or Owens to write it.

IMHO Marvel considers them an iconic couple since they are number 9 on their Top 10 Couples list chosen by their own staff in this YouTube video, but I’d argue that with a few exceptions, Marvel isn’t interested in having said iconic couples be in stable relationships as they are harder to write and limit individual story options for the characters. The fact that most of the couples in the video aren’t actually together at the moment speaks for itself.
Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sunni wrote:

Elektra’s books continuously tease her and Matt reconciling. In her 1996-98 series, they were going to try again, and it goes south. In her 2001-2004 series, she wants to get back together with him when she comes back to NYC, and he turns her down. In her 2014-2015 series, Matt asks her to come with him to San Francisco, and she says no. And now for the June issue of her current series he’s holding her on the cover.

So, in other words, they haven't gotten back together in any story we've seen?

Not sure what to read next? Check out the Book Club for some ideas!

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Sunni
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Murdock wrote:
So, in other words, they haven't gotten back together in any story we've seen?

They do get back together in Elektra #12-13 in her 1996-98 series, but the relationship lasts half a day or so before it collapses. Since it’s so short, I think it can be interpreted it either way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: